Saturday, February 24, 2007



V/A-Johnny Greenwood is the Controller

Today is a good day for this one. I'm glad I waited so long. the outdoors are puking their guts up and my laptop is warming my thighs. I just took out my last $20 from my savings account. I had to make a special trip to the bank yesterday to put $2 in my checking so I wouldn't overdraft. But I have money in my wallet for now. I should be making calls, getting things in order for the album, finding a decent job, letting people into the gallery... buuut I think I'd rather stay inside my head for now.

This is a tough compilation to write about, especially considering who is probably reading this. I know many of you don't listen to much reggae/dub/dancehall/rocksteady/ska/whatever. If you don't please consider a few things before you don't download this. Reggae is inherently tied to soul. Many of the most legendary names in reggae, such as Duke Reid and Byron Lee produced both soul and reggae comps.Ska, which reggae grew out of, was inspired from the combination of mento and soaca with R&B and soul.
Also, enjoying it does not necessarily make you a hippie.

So maybe give it a listen??
You might be surprised how little you dislike it.

No comments: