Wednesday, February 21, 2007




Marnie Stern-In Advance of the Broken Arm

a few months ago I made a fuss over a couple of albums. Well, apparently I've been inundated with so much good new music recently that I forgot to post one of them. Without further ado here is the miraculous debut from one Marnie Stern. This is in many respects another pop album, which I have been posting a lot of, I know. However this album differs slightly, at least in the sense that there is some serious fucking shredding going on in literally every track. this makes most riot grrl acts look like girl scout troupes. Fair warning. Marnie Stern will devour you.

Hey Chris, remember that two piece we saw at the UCF who you thought was amazing cause the front-woman had nice hair and could kind of play the guitar. Yeah, well.. eat your heart out.

tomorrow, new Low, Black Lips, Cyann and Ben, or Eluvium? I'd like to post them all right now, but I can only put off being responsible for so long...

an open letter to Cheryl Wakerheuser of Pix Patisserie:

Burn in hell. And I hate you.

No comments: