Saturday, February 17, 2007

I'm sorry. I tried. It seems warm, spring-like, sunny saturday afternoons are when people like to hole themselves up in coffee shops the most. As a result the internet is running exceptionally slow. When I first got here there was nowhere to sit. Or at least nowhere next to an outlet (as many of you know my powerbook is constantly falling apart and must be plugged in at all times). So I had to shove myself into a corner next to the play area. Everything was fine and I was uploading the new Modest Mouse (it has a really stupid title and I refuse to waste the time typing all of it) at 30kb/s. Not long after I had settled into my little corner next to the disease ridden duplo blocks that some four year old probably snotted all over, did someone decided to leave their spot on a couch. In the ensuing melee that was me scrambling to claim this virgin coffee shop territory as mine own, this piece of shit laptop became unplugged and promptly died. its back on, but Megaupload has now decided to upload in a fashion that can described in many ways, none of which being "mega".
But I'm sitting here. And if I don't go blind first I will post something. Probably not as much as I wanted to. Currently I'm listening to the debut album from The Field, From Here We Go Sublime. It's being released on Kompakt in the U.S. next Tuesday and if you can find it, buy it. Emily this means you, because you're in France and this is the kind of music you listen to when you're young and alone in France. Especially when driving around in the country on a sunday. Or you could just wait around until I get up the gumption and bandwidth to post it on here. Kompakt has been good to me so far this year. a Brazilian Producer/DJ named Gui Boratto has one coming out on the 26th called Chromophobia. And while the first half is just a little better than lackluster, the second half tears my face off. Beautiful Life is a fantastic single and perfect to listen to on the bus ride home after charming your way through a job interview at the coolest place to work in Portland.

So anyway, there is so much good stuff for I want you all to listen to if you already haven't. And as soon as I get my shit in order I promise I'll put it on here.

No comments: