Sunday, February 18, 2007




Blonde Redhead-23

This is a rar, so if you're on a mac and you don't have the capability to decompress that type of file, go here and download the appropriate software. Trust me. This one is worth it. Most of us who are familiar with Blonde Redhead have already had our palettes hardened by their distinct sound. This being their seventh release in a series which I've always been interested in, but never blown away by, I was completely blind-sided by this fucking mammoth pop opus. I don't want to ruin the surprise too much. that's part of what makes it such an impressive listen. But let's just say this early into a year I'm completely befuddled by hearing more than one record this satisfying. It's reminiscent of another lucky year for pop music ending in a 7. The production is rock solid and gorgeous. But the real beauty is in the coupling of such brilliantly soaring atmosphere with a endless cavalcade of heart-wrenching hooks and impenetrable songwriting. this is starting to sound like some jackass record review so I'm going to stop. but please download this and listen to it with an open ear. And then call me so we can shit a brick together.

2 comments:

KJH said...

joel.
joel.
this is awesome.

bastardgeist said...

yeah, plus everyone in the band is incredibly attractive. I'm starting to suspect they aren't actually human. Machines?... MACHINES!!!