Tuesday, July 10, 2007





The Tuss-Rushup Edge/Luke Vibert-Mate Tron



I only have 5 days left in BCN. It's a little scary. It's also exciting. I don't quite feel ready. But I suppose I didn't really feel ready to pull of this leg of the journey. And here I am, a month later eating delicious yellow plums and watching a matador get gored on the afternoon news with delight. As it turns out it happens way more often than most of us are led to believe. Every other day it seems there's footage of some deluded jergoff getting thrown into a wall or stabbed in the ass. You stupid fucker. I hope that bull tramples your stupid hat too.

Anyway, here's some new music from Richard D. James and Luke Vibert, respectively. The Tuss is Richard's newest escapade into the early techno of his AFX project. It's just as good. A little more flirtatious with sonic aesthetics a bit more recent than the boundaries of classic electro.

And Mate Tron is Mr. Vibert's most recent foray into the sleek-but-stoner-acid he's been steadily amassing a surplus of since the beginning of his post Wagon Christ career.

Both decent records, if a bit standard, but totally worth downloading.

By the by, Woody Allen is in town with Scarlett Johanson(sp?) and Penelope Cruz, who I think lives here anyway, filming his new film. There's even a blurb in the entertainment news called Woody Watch. Needless to say Anton has been on the hunt for Woody since this weekend... But really, aren't we all?

4 comments:

I said...

anton will have to disguise himself as an adolescent asian girl first...

bastardgeist said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bastardgeist said...

I told Anton that and he just gave me a knowing smile. Almost as if the thought had already crossed his mind.

Anonymous said...

All this Tuss Fuss along with the Puss and a new Tregaskin family member "Bruce" and a white calf :S

www.myspace.com/thepussfuss
www.myspace.com/whitecalf0

lol @ Anton as asian kid

where will it lead?