Wednesday, July 04, 2007












Animal Collective- Strawberry Jam

This is the new Animal Collective record, in its entirety.

And this post is for Megan, whom I love dearly. And who is the most genuine person I know. I don't treat her fairly sometimes, you know. And often times I have a hard time comprehending the depth of her character in much the same way as I have imagining the extent of some peoples' religious faith. I have these moments of clarity, though, where I realize how special and amazing she is. And it consumes me with emotion in ways I imagine are similar to a religious epiphany.

I only ever want her to be happy, and I'm always especially excited when she likes some music I show her. This is a good record for that. I imagine her listening to it on repeat and performing secret rituals that no one ever knows about. I think this is the kind of music she would do that to. It should make her so satisfied and happy.

Cause she's great.

And you should get to know her if you don't already.

1 comment:

I said...

that japanese record is absurd... apparently there were a lot of those 'erotic' records made in the 60s... serge would be pleased.