Saturday, June 16, 2007




Liars-Liars

Here I am in Barcelona. New summer. Everything since Monday has been a complete and utter mindfuck in the best way. This country smells like shit and is full of ancient beautiful architecture. I live on the 8th floor. It overlooks the Mediterranean and Gaudi's Sagrada de Familia. My balcony is big and spare and the hills are dotted with fossil fuel fired lanterns and topped with a golden cathedral. Falafal everywhere. gigantic palm trees. Absynthe bars. Swarms of black and yellow taxis on the streets. Glamorous women vomiting in the alleys, which are actually alleys. Narrow and winding. The Column de Columbo covered in bird shit. I've never in my life been physically stopped by a prositute, held by both arms and slapped at my refusal to take her home. so many whores. The sun stays up forever. But the evening seems much longer than the day. I vomited here at the beginning of the first full day. I hadn't eaten anything since the Dublin airport and had bought a few too many Estrella's from men with six packs off the street the night before. How could I resist. Warm summer nights walking through medieval carrers drinking warm Spanish beer. C'mon. C'MON. Anton is horrified. But I think he also loves it.

Personally, I am in 22 year old heaven.

And finally here it is.

Liars by Liars.

Very different from Drum's Not Dead. Jesus and Mary Chain. PIL. Rhys Chatham.

Incredible. The first rock album I can get obsessed with since the turn of the century.

I cannot wait to get back to BG and destroy with Bullet Teeth.

Hey Skid. This one's for you, mang. While they were getting degrees we were watching the sun rise over the Pyrenees. Thanks for being a good friend.

The list continues in no particular order:

Panda Bear-Person Pitch
Marnie Stern- In Advance of the Broken arm
The Studio- Yearbook 1
Blonde Redhead- 23
etc.
Liars- Liars

...some day.

1 comment:

m.henry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.