Thursday, June 28, 2007





I've invited a friend to co-host this blog with me from now on... you may know him. He's a little off... it's a safe bet he's also cooler than you.










Georgia Anne Muldrow-Olesi: Fragments of an Earth



Here is the latest installment in the ongoing series of albums I meant to post awhile ago, but for one reason or another didn't.

ATTN: The track listing is all fuckered up on this record. It'll probably say track one is track six. Disregard that. All the songs are there in all their souful, drippy, optimistic, funk-forward glory. This music seeps into your ear. She produced and performed every sound on this record. She's 22. That's the bittersweet part of records like this. It's hard not to be jealous of that sort of talent.

Her positivity is what I listen to when trying to find some decent shows for Anton and I in Spain and France. By the way, it's very hard. I've been getting shut down or flat out ignored by virtually everyone.

oh well, power through.

We've been getting some pretty exciting responses from WOOF farms. I think we're going to an organic beaujolais vineyard outside of Lyon, France for two weeks.

And tonight Corey is coming in from Madrid. We're going to Marsella. It's the oldest absynthe bar in Barcelona. I went there on one of the first nights here and tried real absynthe with the sugar cube and mineral water for the first time in my life. It was pretty fantastic. The inside looks like tanned leather and it's dark and seedy and wonderful. Apparently Ernest Hemmingway use to pass out there a lot... you know, back in the day.

No comments: