Wednesday, May 09, 2007



Skeletons and the Kings of All Cities-Lucas

Yesterday I saw this band live with my roommates and Chris Anderson (who happened to be in town) and even though they didn't sound anything like they do on record they still destroyed. The lead singer had long hair and danced around like Shannon Hoon (fyi: they sound nothing like Blind Melon). Their live show was layers of chaotic spindly guitar not unlike a more melodic U.S. Maple. Their record, on the other hand, is Eddie Gale meets Mount Eerie all the way. Anywho, the show ruled cause there weren't very many people there and after talking with the mastermind of the band (who went by Skeletons and the Garden of Everything at the show) I discovered they're from Oberlin, Ohio and it all made perfect sense.
I was all set to write more about the show and the record until this morning when I received a nasty phone call.
Basically, my mom put her dog, Ruby, down today. Many of you have probably met this dog. It was a good dog. And it was also pretty much my mom's best friend. It sucks being 3000 miles away when something like that happens. Not just because the last time I saw Ruby was at Christmas. But also because my mom is already pretty much alone and I worry about her being by herself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Post!!! Thanks and PLEASE keep posting great new albums.