Tuesday, December 02, 2008

as is sometimes the case in life, Kanye West has personally fucked me. Yesterday, I might have posted a link to his new album somewhere online. Upon waking up this morning I discovered an email in my inbox comprised of a bunch of legal jargon and the dreaded acronym RIAA. After initially freaking out and parsing over all the litigious mumbo jumbo a few hundred times I've come to the conclusion that I'm not being sued. It was essentially notification from blogger that they've taken down the post in which the link initially surfaced after having received a cease and desist from the RIAA. But that's a little too close for comfort and enough to make me consider going underground for awhile. I haven't totally made up my mind. Part of me thinks I'm pretty much in the clear since I don't actually upload any files myself and instead merely share pre-exisiting links. But another part of me says that doesn't matter for shit. Perhaps I'll simply start a new invite only blog tucked away in some inconspicuous corner of the internet, since the entire point of Beulahland in the first place was to share music with my friends.

5 comments:

theo said...

I've liked every single thing you've posted. even if you just post the names of these artists i'd go buy them just on recommendation (if i could find any of this shit) - thanks either way!

Anonymous said...

I got a simlar e-mail and one of my posts got deleted. It scared the life out of me, mainly because of the legal language that it used, I think to dazzle me and to scare me off of posting other things.

inspire121 said...

well, i hope you don't hide too far, as you are always surprising me...in a good way, namely giving me some realy wonderful moments as am introduced to tunes would never of come across...ta very much

Anonymous said...

i would hate to see you go away buddy (your taste is impeccable and you have turned me on to many, many new sounds)....but, i can't say that i wouldn't do the same.
hope you don't stay away too long or go too far away!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've bought stuff that you've shared before. Thanks for sticking around.