Tuesday, August 26, 2008






Atlas Sound-Logos


This is approximately a million times better than his last effort which, in all honesty, was really pretty unremarkable. In fact, it's pretty frustrating when a record that so clearly hinges on such uninspired fumbling around inside pro tools presets is given the degree of attention that 'Let the Blind' received. But I'm not bitter, and I'm happy to see that Bradford Cox is capable of a record that I not only don't find myself struggling to pay attention to, but actually find myself enjoying pretty thoroughly at times.










Burning Star Core-Challenger


C. Spencer Yeh is a motherfucker. Once upon a time I saw him with just a mic and one of those digitech rpx digital effects processors that pretty much anyone with an electric guitar in 1999 owned. Even then, he blew my mind into a million pieces. And every time I've heard him since, live or on record, be it methodically deconstructing violins on stage, or erecting massive, emotional batteries of droning melody I've been completely floored.

HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Atlas Sound and Burning Star Core are great, so nice.
Thank you so much.
Carlos (Curitiba-Brasil)