Thursday, May 08, 2008










Pyramids-Pyramids







I'm waiting to hear back from the Art Institute of Chicago. About a permanent position. If I don't get it I will probably be back in Oregon by the end of the month, which is a little sad, because I kind of feel that I'm on the verge of something great here in Chicago. I know that probably doesn't make a lot of sense to most of you. It doesn't seem to make much sense to my Chicago friends anyhow. None of whom, as a side-note, read this blog. I've always tended to follow my instincts when it comes to this sort of thing, and so far, at least, it's gone pretty well for me. Right now my gut is telling me to stay in Chicago. No, wait. My gut is telling me to stay at the AIC. There are good people there that can help me. There are attractive men there as well. Which complicates things, but is not really much of a contributing factor. I promise.

anyhow, I've discovered a new band. They're called Pyramids. They're from Denton, Texas. I ripped their debut from their website. it is at once guttural, violent, and strangely sedate. They're also myspace friends with Birchville Cat Motel, whom I love. And who was introduced to me by a guy in Portland who owns the most spoiled cat I've ever met in my life.

Lastly, Radiohead. Summer. My God. my god.

No comments: