Wednesday, December 12, 2007







Kelly's Birthday Winter Mix


Happy Birthday Kelly. Here's your Birthday Mix. Which is probably the most epic mix I've ever made. It's certainly the longest. I did my best split it into two halves while keeping a decent flow. The first "side" is all the moody wintery stuff. The second is mostly ice cold beats and shit. I bookended it with a few slower pieces to bring it all full circle. And then I tacked on an Elliot Smith song on the end, cause duh.

All in all it's 30 songs long, and along with being your birthday mix, and a winter mix, it's also contains mostly songs released in 2007, with a small handful of exceptions. So maybe it's a year in review mix. No, fuck that. There's a bunch of songs I left off of it that would need to be on there.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. I'll see you next Tuesday.

xo,

Jowel.

P.S. I'm pretty sure it won't be in the right order when you open the .zip so here's the tracklisting:

Lee Moses-Adorable One
Atlas Sound-Recent Bedroom
Caribou-Yo Yo
Cocteau Twins-Ice Pulse
Clinic-Sunshine Boy
Panda Bear-Take Pills
John Cale & Terry Riley-The Soul of Patrick Lee
Radiohead-Reckoner
George Delerue-Camille
The Tenniscoats-Oetsu to Kanki no Nanoriuta
Jens Lekman-Shirin
Caribou-Irene
Giles, Giles, & Fripp-Little Children
Feu Therese-Nada
-
Otis Redding and the Pinetoppers-Shout Bamalama
Glass Candy-Getto Boys
M.I.A. ft. Bun B & Rich Boy-Paper Planes
Fred Falke & Alan Braxe-Rubicon
DJ Copy-Tha Crossroads
The Field-Everyday
Crystal Castles-Airwar
Gui Boratto-Beautiful Life
John Maus-Do Your Best
The Chromatics-I'm on Fire
Antony & The Johnsons-Fistful of Love
Bonnie "prince" Billy-Kelly
Bjork-Boho Dance
Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band-Peon
Radiohead-4 Minute Warning
Elliot Smith-Whatever (Folk Song in C)hg?%^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joel! I love it. I also love the Kiki Smith image! I cannot wait to see you.
Love,
Kelly