Wednesday, April 11, 2007




Ulrich Schnauss-Goodbye

There's a song this German producer did a few years back called "On My Own" that stupifies me. It's fucking triumph music. That song is not on this album.
"Goodbye" is still you winning the game for your team and making out for with exactly who you wanted in the room. But it's a little more of an homage to the Cocteau Twins than "On My Own" was. At least for the first couple of listens. Also, after you settle into it you start to believe in his headphoney world of cheesy swooshing and arena rock drum programming. In all seriousness, the more you put it on, the bigger, and more beautiful it sounds.

In an interview he said the goal of this album was to "take the whole layering thing to a new level". And in that case it's sort of makes sense that the base of these songs lies where it does.

The more times I listen to it, the easier it becomes to drift off into it. But that could be because I might have just broken Mark's brother's expensive German future washing machine... fuck me.

No comments: